Code of Conduct for Ambu Business Partners
This code of conduct defines the basic requirements placed on any person or entity doing business with Ambu with respect to its responsibilities towards its stakeholders, employees, business partners, and the environment in general. The code of conduct is based upon the principles of the UN Global Compact and anti-bribery laws and regulations, as applicable.
The business partner declares herewith:
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and practices;
Respect for the Basic Human Rights of employees
- to promote equal opportunities for and treatment of its employees irrespective of skin colour, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious conviction, sex or age;
- to respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual;
- to refuse to tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental or physical cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination;
- to prohibit behaviour including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative;
- to provide fair remuneration and to guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage;
- to recognize the right of employees to work freely and by own will;
- to recognize the right of free association of employees and to neither favour nor discriminate against members of employee organizations or trade unions;
Prohibition of Child Labour
- not to hire employees under the age of 15 or, in those countries subject to the developing country exception of the ILO Convention 138, not to hire employees under the age of 14;
Health and Safety of employees
- to take responsibility for the health and safety of its employees;
- to control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures against accidents and occupational diseases;
- to set up or use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system;
- to act in accordance with applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection;
- to minimize environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection;
- to use reasonable efforts to promote compliance with this CoC among its suppliers / customers / business partners, as appropriate;
Corruption and anti-bribery
Ambu is dedicated to ensuring that its business is conducted in an honest way, without the use of corrupt practices or acts of bribery to obtain an unfair advantage.
It is important that all dealings of Ambu and/or its business partners are carried out with integrity. Bribery and corruption harm the societies in which the acts are committed and prevent economic growth and development.
Ambu works against bribery and other forms of corruption, both directly and indirectly through our business partners. This applies to all Ambu’s businesses and transactions in all the countries in which Ambu and its business partners operate.
Under this code of conduct a bribe includes financial or other advantages (such as gifts, loans, rewards etc.) which are given, promised, offered, accepted, requested or received with the intention to influence the ability to make objective and fair business decisions. This includes facilitation payments, which are typically small, unofficial payments made to secure or expedite a routine or necessary government action by a government official, when one has already paid for, or is entitled to, that action. A typical example is “inspection fees” for clearance of imported equipment through customs. They are not commonly requested in Denmark, but this is a widespread form of bribery, despite being illegal in almost every country.
Bribes and facilitation payments are not acceptable to Ambu and the offer of any of these forms of payment is against Ambu’s principles and this code of conduct.
As a business partner to Ambu, the Undersigned hereby declares and warrants that it will not carry out any actions involving bribes when it acts in connection with Ambu’s business. This includes both domestic and international business and must be adhered to in all dealings, both with private actors and public officials.
Whether an action constitutes a bribe is determined by the standards set forth in this code of conduct. Any local practice or custom will thus be disregarded, unless explicitly required by local written law.
It is the responsibility of the Undersigned to ensure compliance with this code of conduct. Hence, the Undersigned hereby allows Ambu, or an appointed third party auditor, to perform announced audits to verify compliance.
In addition, the Undersigned accepts that unannounced audits may occur in response to severe allegations or proof of breaches of this code of conduct, and in the event that severe non-compliance was the conclusion of an announced audit.
During audit the Undersigned shall provide Ambu access to reasonably requested documentation, personnel, and information.
Ambu reserves the right, with immediate effect and without any liability, to terminate its collaboration with the Undersigned, in the event that the Undersigned fails to comply with this code of conduct.